Thanksgiving is almost here..and if you're still thinking of something different that you can add to your Thanksgiving menu, here's another tasty dish that will surely please your whole family and your guests as well!
This Stir Fried Pork Spare Ribs with Bell Pepper and Green Onions is very easy to prepare. The only difficult part in making this is waiting for it to cook so you can enjoy its finger licking goodness!!!
- 4 lbs spare ribs - cut into 1"x2" strips
- 6 cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 4 stalks green onion - sliced diagonally about 1.5 inches
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips,
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup Hawaiian sauce
- 6 Tbsp pure olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The longer, the better. Best if done overnight.
2. In a bowl, pour barbeque sauce, Hawaiian sauce, Tabasco sauce and 2 Tbsp pure olive oil. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
3. Place ribs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove the scum that will form on top. Add crushed garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns. Simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is tender. Drain well and set aside. The broth can be reserved for some other use.
4. In the same saucepan, heat up the remaining pure olive oil. Stir fry pork ribs over high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Add sauce mix and toss ribs until well coated. Continue to stir over medium heat until sauce is caramelized.
6. Add bell pepper and green onions. Toss until well coated with sauce. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes more.
7. Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving plate and serve!
...Raquel A.! Congratulations Raquel!!! Please email me your preferred item so our friends at Macy's can send you your prize soon. Again, a BIG THANKS to Macy's for this awesome giveaway!!!
And now, the winner of our Macy's Thanksgiving Giveaway drawn via random .org is..# 20, and that is...