I've said many times before that my daughters love anything with mushrooms or mushroom sauce. Recipes like Beef Brisket With Corn Kernels In Mushroom Sauce, Baked Salmon with Asparagus & Mushrooms, Beef Balls in Mushroom Sauce, Filipino Burger Steak and Garlic Chicken Wings and Button Mushrooms are among those that never fail to put sweet smiles on their faces.
Last week when we all got tired of eating holiday leftovers, I thought of making this Shrimp Pasta in Mushroom Sauce which I haven't cooked for months. Unlike me and Cherlin, Clarise is not so into shrimps, but she's a big fan of this pasta dish. Whenever I cook it, she brings it to school the next day and she would request me to make it again soon...and it's all because it has mushrooms! (",)
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup, sliced button mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley flakes and some more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan / Cheddar Cheese, for topping (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While your pasta is cooking, saute shrimps in olive oil over medium heat just until they turn light pink. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Saute garlic in the same pan until light brown. Add mushrooms and saute until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add cream of mushroom, milk and cream cheese. Bring to a slight boil and simmer mixture until well blended and thickened. Add shrimp, parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Mix well and simmer while stirring for another minute. Remove from heat.
5. Toss sauce with cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan and cheddar cheese (optional). Garnish with parsley flakes and serve.