Hi everyone! Did you miss me??? Sorry for my absence in the blogosphere! Our internet connection was down since Thurday. Our new neighbor had their internet installed on that day and for some reasons (that our service provider hasn't explained to us yet), our connection was affected. It really sucks! But the worst part is that it took two days for AT&T to attend to the problem. It was only fixed last Saturday and we didn't even get an explanation about what really happened.
But at least my connection is up now, right??? I am really happy to be back...and I am glad to bring you another family favorite non-Filipino recipe.
As I've told you many times, my daughters love mushrooms so much. This Baked Paprika Chicken and Mushrooms is one of those dishes that I came up with to satisfy their craving for mushrooms. The combination of chicken, mushrooms and cheese, and the wonderful flavors of garlic, paprika and sake in it make this a very exciting and delicious dish.
- 4 pcs. boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp pure olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and bias sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup cooking sake
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Mozarella cheese
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder and 1/2 Tbsp paprika. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. In a skillet, saute garlic in olive oil until light brown. Add carrots and mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Arrange chicken in a baking dish. Spoon mushrooms and carrots on top of chicken. Combine chicken broth and sake and pour over the chicken.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Uncover and top with Mozarella cheese. Bake for another 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve with rice or rolls.