Did you all have an amazing Mother's Day weekend?
If you gonna ask me...well, I did! Got some lovely gifts from Ryan and the girls...and Mother's Day turned out really awesome for me! My day started with a filling fried rice with sausage and scrambled eggs breakfast prepared by my sweet hubby. We went to church then had a nice Mexican lunch at On The Border. After that, we watched Dark Shadows (not so good movie but it gave us some laughs). When we got home, Ryan made these Brownies with Cream Cheese Swirl Topping...
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 box brownie mix (Ryan used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix)
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a rectangular or square pan. In small bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Fold in chopped pecans.
3. Spread 3/4 of batter in prepared pan. Spoon topping by tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling. Cut through mixture with knife several times for marbled design. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownie comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Slice and serve.
Our Fibers.com giveaway ended last night...and the winner of the $30 voucher is ---
Bianca of becomingbianca.com!
Congratulations, my dear...and to everyone who joined, thank you so much!!!