My daughters are already on their 3rd week of summer vacation, and they are really loving it so far! Aside from swimming, going to the library, playing video games and watching Korean telenovelas, they have been helping out in the kitchen a lot. During the past two weeks, making homemade shakes and ice cream or baking cookies with me have been part of their daily routine, and last Friday, they made these...
They said they wanted to make something for their dad (Aren't they the sweetest???)...and because they know how much Ryan loves rocky road, they wanted to make another rocky road treat for him. They remembered that Ryan really enjoyed the No-Bake Rocky Road Bars that I made before, and since I just made Rocky Road Ice Cream last week, all the ingredients they needed were available in the pantry. With no second thoughts, they said they will make rocky road bars for their dad on their own...and guess what? They did it! All I did was prepare all the ingredients and take pictures. They did the rest, and I must say that they did a good job! Clarise and Cherlin's No-Bake Rocky Road Bars came out perfect and Ryan loved them!
I know that this is just a very easy and simple recipe, but I really find it so amazing for kids like my girls to take the effort in making something special for their parent/s. I am truly proud of how thoughtful and sweet they are, so I want to share this with you! :)
These are yummy treats that you can make with your kids. I'm pretty sure that you will have fun making and eating these!
- 9 pcs. graham crackers
- ¾ cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup roasted cashew, coarsely chopped
- 1¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 1½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 *14 oz. can condensed milk
1. Arrange graham crackers close together in a 9x13" baking dish, breaking them to fit if necessary. Top with almonds, cashew and 1 cup marshmallows.
2. Combine chocolate chips and condensed milk in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 10-second intervals until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over nuts and marshmallows. Working quickly, mix together with a spatula, making sure that the graham crackers crust remain intact. Top with remaining marshmallows and some more nuts and chocolates chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares.