The last big holiday of summer in the US is here! Whether you're just spending the long weekend relaxing with your family or you're throwing a Labor Day party for friends, here's a no-fuss recipe that you and everyone else will surely enjoy!
It's grilled salmon paired with black bean salsa. I got the very easy salmon recipe from pillsbury.com over a year ago, and my family enjoys it so much! It takes little preparation, few ingredients, but the result is so delicious and flavorful! The black bean salsa, on the other hand, is my version of a favorite Mexican side dish. It is also very quick and simple to prepare. Just toss everything in a bowl and you'll have a delicious side dish in no time! I used freshly cooked black beans and corn, but canned or frozen ones will work fine too! And for the corn, you can also use grilled corn for added flavor. My daughters just don't like it so I stick with freshly boiled corn cut off the cob.
For the Salmon:
- 2 lbs. Salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- salt to taste
For the Salsa:
- 4 medium fresh tomato, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 pcs. jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Sprinkle salmon with salt on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the other ingredients except for the lemon pepper and mix well. Set aside 2 Tbsp mixture for basting. Place the salmon, skin-side down, in a baking dish. Brush the marinade over the top and sides of fish. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.