If you are following PiTCC on Facebook then you might have seen this gorgeous Filet Mignon plate on our page last Valentine's Day.
Rather than fighting the crowd to get an expensive meal at an overrated restaurant, I decided to just prepare a lovely dinner for my family using the Prime Angus Filet Mignon that was sent to me by Certified Steak and Seafood Company as part of their ongoing promotion.
I received four 8-oz. vacuum sealed Filet Mignon beautifully packaged in this box, which arrived in a big cooler box and was kept well frozen with the help of some dry ice.
With a delicate cut of beef like this, adding too much flavors will definitely take away its natural taste, so I decided to stick to our favorite Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon recipe which is totally simple and quick to prepare. All you need is just a little salt, freshly ground pepper and olive oil! If you want to make it a little fancy, top it with Balsamic Red Wine Sauce and add mashed potatoes or other vegetables like green beans, asparagus, or zucchini on the side! The result: a simple yet elegant and impressively delicious dinner! The awesome quality of the Prime Angus Filet Mignon from Certified Steak and Seafood Company made this meal even more satisfying!
I must admit that I didn't expect it to be that good! But after trying it, I must say that I was very satisfied! It was indeed tender and so flavorful as described on their website! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in enjoying a high quality filet mignon at home. Will I buy it with my own money? Surely, I would! Maybe not for regular weeknight dinner, but definitely for special occasions and family gatherings. $99.95 for four 8-oz Prime Angus Filet Mignon is a bit expensive but what do you expect? It's filet mignon! But I tell yah, with it's superb quality and the fact that you will have the freedom to make it the way you want it in the comfort of your own home, it's all worth it!
For the steak and green beans:
- 4 (8 oz.) filet mignon steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 Tbsp freshly and coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb green beans
- Kosher salt
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup red wine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
1. If serving with mashed potatoes, recipe can be found here. Prepare and set aside until steaks are ready. Keep warm.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the coarsely ground pepper on a plate. Sprinkle the steaks with salt then set the steaks atop the pepper and press, coating both sides and flattening the steaks slightly.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet on medium-high. Add the olive oil then add the steaks. Cook for about 6 minutes or until both sides and perimeters turn golden brown. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for until desired doneness is attained, about 3 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Transfer the steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Add the green beans to the same sauté pan and saute just until cooked but still crisp, about 5 minutes. Divide the green beans into 4 plates.
5. To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent but not brown, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine, vinegar, honey, and thyme to the pan and simmer until reduced by half. Return the steaks to the pan and baste with the sauce. Put the steaks on the plates with green beans. Stir the butter into the sauce to blend. Pour sauce over the steak and green beans.
Want to try the goodness of Certified Steak and Seafood Company's Prime Angus Filet Mignon yourself? Visit the Certified Steak & Seafood website and use coupon FBR125D to get $25 off your order. It's definitely worth it, if you'd ask me.
* This sponsorship is brought to you by Certified Steak & Seafood Company who PiTCC has partnered with for this promotion.