This is my very own version of crab and corn soup that my husband and my girls love. It is very good especially when fresh cracked crab meat is used, but imitation crab meat is a good substitute.
It is so delish and really easy to make! Try it!
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Servings: 6-8
- 1 cup freshly cracked crab meat or imitation crab meat, cut into 1½ inch length
- 1 ½ cups whole kernel corn, fresh, canned or frozen(I used frozen corn cobs. I cut the kernels off the cob using a knife)
- 4 cups whole milk (I sometimes use 2 cups whole milk and 2 cups evaporated milk)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (if you want it thicker, you can double the amount of flour)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp season salt
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce sauce
- 1/8 cup ground parsley
1. Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat. Add flour and stir until blended; do not burn or let it darken.
2. Add milk gradually, stirring all the while.
3. Turn the heat to medium low. Add corn and cook until tender. For canned or frozen corn just let it simmer for about 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
4. Add crab meat, green onions, parsley, pepper, seasoning salt, and fish sauce and simmer until very hot. Do not let boil. Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
5. Serve hot!