"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Today is Good Friday....a day of strict fasting and abstinence for Catholics. Those who are over the age of 18 and under the age of 60 are required to fast, which means that they can eat only one complete meal and two smaller ones during the day, with no food in between. Catholics who are over the age of 14 are required to refrain from eating any meat, or any food made with meat. May this Kingfish and Tofu in Oyster Sauce recipe I'm sharing today help my Catholic followers in the observance of Good Friday.
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: ~15 mins Servings: 4
- 4-5pcs. fish steak, sprinkled with salt and fried in 3 Tbsp olive oil until both sides are light brown ( I used Kingfish steak)
- 2 pcs. tofu, fried and cut into 1" cube
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
- 1 small sized yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and ginger in olive oil (used for frying the fish) until light brown.
2. Add onions and sauté until almost translucent.
3. Add oyster sauce and water. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Add fried fish. Simmer for another 3 minutes. Turn fish on the other side and simmer for another 3 minutes.
5. Add fried tofu and green onions and simmer for another 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat! Serve hot with rice.