It has been a very busy weekend for me and my family...and I'm so happy to go back to my weekday blogging with this award I got from Wit, Wok and Wisdom. She gave my Siopao the MOST SAVORY BREAD AWARD after I joined her event, Let's Break Bread Together which is a link party where you can link up any veg or non-veg dish which has a hint of bread or bread-like thing in it. I linked up my pandesal and siopao for the said event...and my siopao was chosen for the Most Savory Bread Award. Thanks Wit, Wok and Wisdom! I'm truly so grateful!
Yesterday was my dear friend, Carmi Remmers, 30th birthday. I brought this pasta dish to her overnight birthday celebration at her mother-in-laws' lake house last Saturday. I call it Pasta With Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes in Alfredo Sauce. I started cooking this last year for our Memorial Day potluck...and it has been my family and friends' favorite since then. This creamy pasta recipe combines chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, whipping and table cream and parmesan cheese for a truly satisfying main dish.
It is always a big hit at parties and it's so easy to make. Everyone is always asking me for the recipe...so here it is! Try it for yourself with the pasta of your choice! I'm sure you'll love it too!
* I'm linking this up on Melt in Your Mouth Monday , Mangia Mondays, Hearth and Soul Hop, Delectable Tuesday, Tuesdays At The Table, Made From Scratch Tuesday, Recipes I Can't Wait To Try, Let's Do Brunch and Foodie Friday.
Prep Time: ~25 mins Cook Time: ~20 mins Servings: 10-12
- 2 lbs. spaghetti or any long pasta of your choice
- 5 cups chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 medium -sized yellow onion, minced
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 cans Nestle table cream
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp ground basil
- 2 Knorr chicken cubes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground chives for topping
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and garlic powder in a bowl and toss. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add 4 tsp salt. Add the spaghetti noodles and cook until tender (see package for cooking time). Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in melted butter until chicken is cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is almost translucent.
5. Add chicken cubes and saute until melted.
6. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for a minute.
7. Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream and heat through. Add basil.
8. Add dissolved cornstarch. Keep on stirring until sauce becomes thick.
9. Turn off heat. Add cooked pasta. Toss until pasta is covered with sauce.
10. Add parmesan cheese. Toss some more.
11. Transfer to a plate. Top with some more parmesan cheese and ground chives.
12. Serve hot!