Everytime we host a party at home, I always make two to four all-time favorite Filipino desserts, just so we can satisfy our guests' sweet tooth. For Cherlin's party last Saturday, I made bibingka, food for the gods and buko salad just as she requested. I was done with all three when Clarise said she wanted something with peanut butter. She and Ryan love peanut butter, you know! I told her I'll check what's in our ref and pantry and if I find enough ingredients to whip up something good, then I will...but if not, she can satisfy her craving by just eating PB&J sandwich. :)
In the pantry, I found graham crackers, table cream and of course, peanut butter. We never run out of peanut butter and this time, we have two more extra jars! These are the Planters peanut butter which I got as part of Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program with the National Peanut Board.
Since I have graham crackers (which I always use as crust for no-bake pies) and I found butter and cream cheese in the ref, I thought of making no-bake peanut butter pie.
Cherlin, who is not a big fan of peanut butter asked me if I can add some chocolates in the pie. I remember I have some Ghirardelli dark chocolates which I also got from Foodbuzz, so I thought of just using it for topping either as chocolate curls or drizzle.
But the birthday girl said she wants it in the pie, so I ended up making a chocolate-bottom peanut butter pie. I used Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight 72% cacao for the bottom part mixture. I just whipped up this No Bake Chocolate-Bottom Peanut Butter Pie with the ingredients I had on hand, and I'm am glad it turned out really good! Everyone loved it...even me & Cherlin who don't usually eat anything with peanut butter!
I am glad I used Planters Peanut Butter for this. It's not our usual brand and we didn't know that it is really smooth and creamy. Thanks to Foodbuzz and the National Peanut Board for the opportunity of trying this product! Combined with Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight chocolate, it makes a perfect No Bake Chocolate-Bottom Peanut Butter Pie!
*Makes two 9" round peanut butter pie
- 4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup plus 4 Tbsp sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cans Nestle Table Cream
- 1- 3.5 oz. Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight, chopped
- 2/3 cup plus 4 Tbsp coarsely chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2- 1oz. packs Nutter Butter Bites (optional)
- 2- 1oz. packs Keebler Mini Fudge Stripes (optional)
- 1 cup Cool Whip (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, 4 Tbsp sugar and butter. Divide into two. Press each portion onto bottom and up sides of two 9-inch pie pan.
2. Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, empty the contents of 2 cans table cream, and heat just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chopped Ghirardelli bar and 2/3 cup peanuts. Stir until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom and up sides of pie crust. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
4. Whisk remaining 1 can table cream, adding vanilla extract half tsp at a time.
5. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in a bowl for 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Gradually beat in peanut butter. Fold in whipped cream mixture. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
6. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and garnish as desired. As for me, I topped it with Nutter Butter, Keebler Mini Fudge Stripes and Cool Whip. Freeze for 1 hour or until ready to serve.