My daughters are back to school, so hopefully, I can go back to posting recipes more often than just once a month. :)
To start off, I'm sharing with you today a pork recipe that my family enjoys a lot. It's called Braised Pork Chops and Bell Peppers. It's another simple recipe that requires only a few ingredients but has a very delicious result!
Try it and let me know if you'll like it as much as we do...
- 6 pcs. pork chops
- 3 Tbsp pure olive oil (You can also use vegetable or canola oil)
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce (You can use any type of bbq sauce)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, quartered and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red wine
1.Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Let sit for about 30 minutes.In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Cook pork chops in medium low heat until brown. Transfer pork chops to a plate and set aside.
2. Add bell peppers, garlic and onion to skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir for about a minute. Add barbecue sauce and stir until well incorporated.
3. Add wine and bring to a boil, Return chops to skillet, nestling them in the liquid. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Turn chops, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
4. Remove from heat. Serve pork chops with pepper and onion mixture spooned on top.