Last Wednesday, I received my prize for winning A Latte With OTT,A's Clabber Girl Iron Chef Challenge --- a $100 worth gourmet gift basket consisting of:
Rex Roast Coffee
Pappardelle’s Plain Glutten-Free Pasta Trumpets
Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Chipotle Lime Mefaldine
Pappardelle’s Calypso Blend
Clabber Girl Baking Powder 8.1 oz
Clabber Girl Snicker Doodle Cookie Mix
Berkeley Olive Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Gegenbauer Tomato Fruit Vinegar
Dulcet Lemon, Mustard & Dill Sauce
Enrico Formella Mild Giardiniera
Ben’s Sweet & Hot Mustard
Sir Kensington Ketchup
Judge Designs Olive Oil Dipping Dish
What an awesome prize! As my way of saying thanks to Clabber Girl, I'm featuring my mother's favorite Banana Bread with Walnut Crumble today.This is another recipe with which I always use Clabber Girl Baking Powder.
Try it! It's very tasty, I'm sure you'll make it again and again!
* I'm linking this up on My Meatless Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mangia Mondays, Hearth and Soul Hop Hub, Delectable Tuesday, Two Maids a Baking, Tuesdays At The Table and Made From Scratch Tuesday.
Prep Time:~10 mins Cook Time:~35 mins Yield: Two 4x8" loaves
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup minced walnut
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. No need for a mixer for this recipe. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and milk. Sprinkle the baking powder and salt over the mixture and mix well.
4. Add the flour last, mix thoroughly.
5. Pour mixture into 2 greased 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 30 mins.
6. Meanwhile, mix the crumble ingredients in a bowl. Pour toppings evenly onto the bread. Bake for another 5 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool down for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.